Crowdfunding Come Back
Crowdfunding has come back with a vengeance!
Crowdfunding is a popular method of fundraising that allows individuals and organizations to raise money from a large number of people over the Internet. The Movie Market has embraced the Crowdfunding concept. Now the big conglomerates are no longer needed. MCNM Marketing will be introducing a few Crowdfunding campaigns along with the $100K in a year Challenge. Now we can help you develop your own crowdfunding plan, platform, and campaigns in minutes. Tap the image below to learn more.
Join us or learn more by filling out the form below.
Here are some statistics:
- According to Statista, the global crowdfunding market was valued at $13.93 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $25.63 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 12.9%.
- The top crowdfunding platforms for funds raised are Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and GoFundMe.
- Kickstarter has raised over $6.6 billion for over 200,000 projects since its launch in 2009.
- Indiegogo has raised over $2 billion for over 800,000 projects since its launch in 2008.
- GoFundMe has raised over $10 billion for various campaigns since its launch in 2010.
- According to Kickstarter, the success rate for projects launched on its platform is 39.5%.
- The most popular crowdfunding categories are technology, music, film, video, art, and publishing.
- The average amount raised per successful crowdfunding campaign is around $7,000.
- In 2020, the most successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter was the board game Frosthaven, which raised over $12.9 million.
- In 2020, the most successful crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo was the foldable electric bike Himo Z20, which raised over $14 million.
Overall, crowdfunding continues to be a popular way for individuals and organizations to raise money for their projects, with significant growth in the industry projected in the coming years.
Crowdfunding for Christian Movies.
Crowdfunding has become a popular method for financing Christian movies as it allows filmmakers to reach out to a broad audience and raise funds directly from their supporters.
Here are some examples of successful Christian movie crowdfunding campaigns:
I Can Only Imagine
“I Can Only Imagine” is a remarkable faith-based movie that captivated audiences worldwide with its profound message of hope and redemption. It is interesting to note that this cinematic masterpiece was not only a product of creative genius but also the result of a successful crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.
This campaign, driven by the fervent support of countless individuals, managed to raise an astonishing sum of over $838,000, which played a crucial role in bringing this inspirational story to life on the big screen. The fact that “I Can Only Imagine” was partially funded through a crowdfunding campaign adds a whole new dimension to the film’s narrative. It highlights the power of unity and collective belief in making dreams a reality. This successful campaign showcased the unwavering faith and dedication of the movie’s supporters, who recognized the importance of sharing this incredible story with the world.
Crowdfunding has become an increasingly popular platform for filmmakers, artists, and entrepreneurs to finance their projects. It provides an opportunity for individuals to directly contribute to the creation of something they truly believe in, regardless of their financial capacity. In the case of “I Can Only Imagine,” it allowed fans of the song and those touched by its powerful message to actively participate in the making of a film that would touch the hearts of millions. The tremendous support received through the crowdfunding campaign not only provided the necessary financial backing but also served as a testament to the impact that “I Can Only Imagine” had on people’s lives. It demonstrated the widespread resonance of the film’s central theme – the transformative power of forgiveness and the profound healing that can occur when one embraces faith and lets go of past hurts.
Moreover, the success of the crowdfunding campaign speaks volumes about the movie’s immense popularity and the level of anticipation surrounding its release. It showcased the unwavering commitment of the film’s fan base and their eagerness to see this extraordinary story come to life. The fact that so many individuals were willing to contribute their hard-earned money to support the production of “I Can Only Imagine” is a testament to the profound impact the song had on their lives. The Indiegogo campaign not only played a vital role in financing the movie but also fostered a sense of community and connection among its supporters.
People from all walks of life, brought together by their shared love for the song and its powerful message, united to make this project a reality. It created a sense of belonging and involvement, allowing supporters to feel like an integral part of the film’s journey. In conclusion, the crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo that raised over $838,000 for “I Can Only Imagine” is a testament to the incredible power of community and the unwavering belief in a shared vision.
It not only provided the necessary financial backing but also showcased the widespread resonance of the film’s message. The success of this campaign reflects the immense impact the song had on people’s lives and the anticipation surrounding the release of the movie. By participating in the crowdfunding campaign, individuals became an integral part of the film’s journey, creating a sense of intimacy and connection that further enhanced the overall viewing experience.
“The Chosen” is an extraordinary TV series that delves into the profound and awe-inspiring life of Jesus Christ. What sets this series apart is not just its captivating storyline but also the unique manner in which it came to fruition. Breaking all conventional norms, “The Chosen” took a groundbreaking approach by utilizing its own app for crowdfunding, resulting in an astounding achievement of raising over $10 million.
This exceptional feat made it the most successful crowdfunding campaign to ever grace the world of TV or film projects. The series itself invites viewers to witness the life of Jesus in a deeply personal and authentic way. It beautifully portrays the transformative impact of His teachings, miracles, and His profound love for humanity. Each episode of “The Chosen” is meticulously crafted, immersing the audience in the ancient world that Jesus inhabited and the lives of those who were touched by His presence.
The success of “The Chosen” is a testament to the power of crowd support and the unyielding devotion of its dedicated fan base. Through the app, fans were given the opportunity to contribute to the production costs and be an integral part of bringing this remarkable series to life. This unique approach not only fostered a sense of community but also allowed viewers to feel a personal connection to the project, making them active participants in its success. Moreover, the immense financial achievement of “The Chosen” is a clear reflection of the profound impact that Jesus’ life and teachings continue to have on people from all walks of life. It demonstrates the significance of this timeless narrative and the desire of individuals to experience it in a fresh and authentic way.
The triumph of “The Chosen” also serves as a beacon of hope for aspiring filmmakers and storytellers. It showcases that with a compelling vision, innovative strategies, and an unwavering dedication to one’s craft, even the most ambitious projects can become a reality. “The Chosen” stands as a remarkable testament to the power of community, faith, and the universal appeal of Jesus’ life. It not only enraptures the hearts of its viewers with its captivating storytelling but also unites individuals from diverse backgrounds under the common thread of humanity’s search for meaning and spirituality. This TV series not only entertains but also inspires, inviting audiences to embark on a profound journey of self-discovery and spiritual enlightenment.
The pro-life movie, “Unplanned,” garnered significant attention for its unique funding approach. In a bold move to support the production, the creators turned to the power of the people through a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo. The campaign was a resounding success, successfully raising over $376,000, demonstrating the immense support and interest surrounding the film’s subject matter. The decision to seek funding through a crowdfunding platform was not only a strategic move but also a reflection of the film’s grassroots origins.
By engaging with the public directly, the creators tapped into a passionate community dedicated to the pro-life cause. The campaign became a rallying point for individuals who wanted to contribute to a project that aligned with their beliefs and values. The impressive response to the campaign revealed the widespread desire for a movie that offered a different perspective on the topic of abortion. With the crowdfunding campaign’s success, it became evident that the film resonated with many individuals who wanted to support a project that advocated for the sanctity of life.
Moreover, the crowdfunding campaign was not just about financial support. It created a sense of ownership and involvement for those who backed the project. Donors became an integral part of the film’s journey, fostering a deep connection and personal investment in its success. They eagerly awaited updates, engaged in discussions, and shared the campaign with others, amplifying its reach and impact. The funds raised through the crowdfunding campaign provided vital resources for the production of “Unplanned.” They enabled the filmmakers to bring their vision to life, ensuring high production quality, talented cast members, and captivating storytelling. The financial support also allowed the creators to effectively promote and distribute the movie, reaching a wide audience and sparking thought-provoking conversations.
Thanks to the crowdfunding campaign’s overwhelming response, “Unplanned” was able to transcend the limitations that independent films often face. It gained recognition and visibility beyond what many anticipated, drawing attention from both supporters and critics alike. This exposure further fueled the dialogue surrounding the film’s themes and generated meaningful discussions on the complex topic of abortion. In summary, the decision to finance “Unplanned” through a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo was a game-changer for the film.
Not only did it secure the necessary funds, but it also cultivated a dedicated and passionate community that rallied behind the pro-life cause. The campaign’s success highlighted the widespread desire for a movie that approached the topic of abortion from a different perspective. As a result, “Unplanned” not only became a powerful cinematic experience but also a catalyst for meaningful discussions about the sanctity of life.
“Pilgrim’s Progress” is an incredible animated movie that captivated audiences worldwide. This inspiring film, directed by Robert Fernandez, was brought to life through the power of crowdfunding. The filmmakers launched a campaign on Kickstarter, a popular crowdfunding platform, and successfully raised over $56,000 to fund the production of this remarkable project. The decision to crowdfund “Pilgrim’s Progress” was a strategic move by the filmmakers, allowing them to bypass traditional funding methods and connect directly with passionate supporters. Through the campaign, they were able to engage with a community of like-minded individuals who shared their vision of bringing this timeless story to the big screen.
The success of the Kickstarter campaign not only provided the necessary financial resources but also created a sense of anticipation and involvement among the backers. Each contributor became a vital part of the filmmaking process, eagerly awaiting the final result of their collective efforts. The funds raised through the campaign were utilized to create stunning animation, vibrant visuals, and immersive sound design. The talented team behind “Pilgrim’s Progress” spared no expense in crafting a cinematic experience that would transport viewers into the enchanting world of John Bunyan’s classic allegory.
The movie takes us on a transformative journey with Christian, the protagonist, as he embarks on a pilgrimage toward the Celestial City. Throughout his expedition, Christian encounters numerous challenges and temptations, testing his faith and determination. The animation beautifully portrays his struggles, allowing the audience to emotionally connect with the character and relate to the universal themes of redemption, forgiveness, and spiritual growth. The success of this crowdfunded project not only showcases the power of community support but also highlights the enduring relevance of “Pilgrim’s Progress” as a literary masterpiece. By adapting the story into a visually stunning animated film, the filmmakers have made it more accessible to a broader audience, ensuring that its profound messages resonate with future generations.
In conclusion, the crowdfunded production of “Pilgrim’s Progress” is a testament to the dedication, creativity, and perseverance of the filmmakers. The support and enthusiasm of the backers, combined with the filmmakers’ unwavering commitment to bringing this beloved tale to life, resulted in a mesmerizing animated movie that continues to inspire and uplift audiences worldwide. This remarkable achievement serves as a reminder that with passion, innovation, and the support of a community, anything is possible.
“Heavenquest: A Pilgrim’s Progress” is a captivating fantasy movie that immerses viewers in a mesmerizing world filled with adventure, action, and profound spiritual themes. The film’s production was made possible through a successful crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, where passionate supporters rallied together and generously contributed over $52,000 to bring this magical tale to life. This remarkable achievement in crowdfunding not only underscores the vibrant enthusiasm surrounding the film but also demonstrates the power of collective support and belief in creative endeavors. It reveals how a community of like-minded individuals can come together to support a project they are genuinely passionate about, allowing filmmakers to bring their vision to the big screen.
The success of the crowdfunding campaign not only provided the necessary financial backing for the movie’s production but also served as a testament to the widespread interest and anticipation for “Heavenquest: A Pilgrim’s Progress.” It showcased the immense appeal this cinematic experience holds for audiences who are eager for imaginative storytelling, breathtaking visuals, and thought-provoking narratives. The movie draws inspiration from John Bunyan’s timeless literary classic, “The Pilgrim’s Progress,” a renowned allegory that has captivated readers for centuries. Through its Kickstarter campaign, the film was able to harness the collective support of fans of the original work, attracting a diverse and passionate audience who eagerly awaited this modern retelling of an age-old tale.
“Heavenquest: A Pilgrim’s Progress” takes viewers on an epic journey alongside a young man named Vangel, who embarks on a perilous adventure through a mystical land. As Vangel encounters various trials, he grapples with the universal themes of faith, redemption, and the pursuit of truth. This immersive narrative, combined with stunning visual effects and masterful storytelling, creates a truly enchanting cinematic experience.
The crowdfunding campaign’s success not only demonstrates the power of online communities but also highlights the increasing influence of crowdfunding platforms in the film industry. It showcases how visionary filmmakers can bypass traditional financing routes and directly connect with their audience, allowing them to fund and produce their projects independently. By utilizing Kickstarter as a means of financing, the creators of “Heavenquest: A Pilgrim’s Progress” were able to maintain creative control over their artistic vision, ensuring that their unique interpretation of John Bunyan’s beloved story remained intact. This direct connection between the filmmakers and their audience fosters a sense of shared ownership and involvement, creating a deeper level of engagement for supporters who eagerly awaited the film’s release.
The impact of crowdfunding on the film industry extends beyond financial support. It also cultivates a sense of community among filmmakers and their audience, fostering an environment where creative ideas can flourish. The success of “Heavenquest: A Pilgrim’s Progress” on Kickstarter not only enabled the creation of a remarkable fantasy film but also inspired and encouraged aspiring filmmakers around the world to pursue their dreams.
In conclusion, “Heavenquest: A Pilgrim’s Progress” stands as a testament to the power of crowdfunding and the unwavering support of passionate individuals who believe in the transformative nature of art. Through a successful Kickstarter campaign, this captivating fantasy movie was brought to life, captivating audiences with its immersive storytelling, stunning visuals, and exploration of profound spiritual themes. The film’s crowdfunding journey not only provided the necessary financial resources but also showcased the collective power of a community united in their love for imaginative storytelling. As the film continues to enchant audiences, its success serves as an inspiration to both filmmakers and film enthusiasts alike, reaffirming the extraordinary possibilities that can be achieved through the support of a dedicated and engaged audience.
These examples show that crowdfunding can be an effective way to finance Christian movies, allowing filmmakers to connect directly with their audience and raise the necessary funds to produce their films. However, it is important to note that successful crowdfunding campaigns require careful planning and execution, as well as a strong marketing strategy to reach potential supporters.
How does Crowdfunding work?
Crowdfunding is a method of raising funds for a project or venture by soliciting small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically through an online platform.
Here’s how crowdfunding works:
- Choose a crowdfunding platform: The first step is to choose a crowdfunding platform that fits your needs. There are many different platforms available, such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, and Crowdfunder, each with its own specific features and fees.
- Create a campaign: Once you’ve chosen a crowdfunding platform, you’ll need to create a campaign for your project. This typically involves creating a compelling pitch video and describing your project, the amount of money you’re trying to raise, and the rewards that supporters will receive in exchange for their contributions.
- Set a funding goal: You’ll need to set a funding goal for your campaign, which is the amount of money you need to raise to complete your project. This goal should be realistic and based on the actual cost of your project.
- Promote your campaign: To attract backers to your crowdfunding campaign, you’ll need to promote it through social media, email newsletters, and other marketing channels. You can also offer incentives for backers, such as early access to your product or exclusive merchandise.
- Collect funds: Once your campaign is live, people can start contributing funds to your project. Most crowdfunding platforms will take a percentage of the funds raised as a fee, and some may also charge additional fees for things like credit card processing.
- Deliver rewards: After your campaign is over and you’ve successfully raised funds, you’ll need to deliver the rewards promised to your backers. This can involve shipping products, arranging for digital downloads, or providing access to exclusive content.
Overall, crowdfunding can be an effective way to raise funds for a project or venture, but it requires careful planning, a compelling pitch, and a strong marketing strategy to be successful.
Are there other ways of funding a movie?
Yes, there are other ways of funding a movie other than crowdfunding.
Here are some examples:
- Private investors: Private investors can be a good source of funding for movies. These are typically individuals or companies who are willing to invest in your project in exchange for a share of the profits. To attract private investors, you’ll need to have a strong business plan and a solid track record of successful projects.
- Studio financing: If you’re making a movie with the potential for commercial success, you may be able to secure financing from a studio or production company. These companies typically provide funding in exchange for the rights to distribute your movie.
- Government grants: Many countries offer grants and tax incentives for film production. These can be a good source of funding for independent filmmakers, but they typically require a detailed application process and may come with restrictions on the content of your movie.
- Product placement: You may be able to secure funding for your movie through product placement, where companies pay to have their products featured in the film. However, this approach requires careful planning and may limit your creative freedom.
- Crowdfunding alternatives: There are also alternative crowdfunding models, such as equity crowdfunding, where backers receive a share of the profits rather than a reward. Additionally, some platforms offer pre-sales, where supporters can purchase advance copies of the movie, which can help to generate revenue and fund production costs.
Overall, the best way to fund a movie will depend on your individual situation and the specific needs of your project. Therefore, it’s important to consider all your options and choose the funding model that’s best for you.
We are now working on developing a movie through Crowdsourcing.
The idea of Angels and Demons in an epic battle for the souls of mankind is a powerful and intriguing concept that can capture the attention of a wide audience. To bring this idea to life in a movie, we will need a strong storyline, compelling characters, and a creative approach to cinematography and special effects.
We are seeking help to develop a movie about Angels and Demons in an epic battle for the souls of mankind:
- Develop a strong storyline: Our movie has a clear and compelling storyline that captures the essence of the battle between Angels and Demons. Think about the themes and messages you want to convey, and how you can bring them to life in a way that is both entertaining and thought-provoking.
- Create compelling characters: Your movie should have strong and memorable characters that viewers can identify with and root for. Think about the motivations and personalities of the Angels and Demons, as well as the humans caught in the middle of the battle.
- Use creative cinematography and special effects: Your movie should use creative and innovative approaches to cinematography and special effects to bring the battle between Angels and Demons to life. Think about how you can use lighting, color, sound, and other elements to create a visually stunning and immersive experience for viewers.
- Explore themes and messages: Your movie should explore deeper themes and messages related to the battle between Angels and Demons, such as the nature of good and evil, the struggle for the human soul, and the power of faith and redemption.
- Leverage digital marketing: Use digital marketing strategies such as social media, email marketing, and online advertising to promote your movie and generate buzz. Create teaser trailers, behind-the-scenes footage, and other promotional materials to engage with your audience and build excitement for your movie.
By following these tips, you can develop a powerful and compelling movie about Angels and Demons in an epic battle for the souls of mankind that captivates and inspires audiences. Join us today and help us develop a multi-billion-dollar epic battle movie!